Search another article?
Create TailFolder Command
The SGAgent TailFolder command
This section explain how to create a new configuration and the related command in order to retrieve logs from a specific folder.
- SGBox 5.0.2 or SGBox 4.2.7 is required.
- At least SGAgent 3.2.7433.19116 is required .
Log in to SGBox web interface. Go to LM > Configuration > Agents
Click on CLICK HERE TO CREATE NEW CONFIGURATION if you want create a new configuration or click on existing configuration if you want to edit it.
Enter a name and select TailFolder as command.
A new windows appears. Enter details of your command:
- Name: a descriptive name of your command.
- Description: brief description of your command ( not mandatory ).
- Frequency: how frequent these information will be sent to SGBox.
- Directory Path: where how logs are located
- File Name: Logs file name, also star expression could be used.
- List Subdirectories: Use this flag if you want to look also logs located in the subdirectories.
- Timestamp Pattern: a regex to find the correct timestamp of the logs.
- Timestamp Format: Specify logs timestamp format.
- Timezone: You can specify if the Timestamp is in Localtime or UTC.
ATTENTION: if the folder you are trying to monitor is inside C:/Windows/System32/ you need to use C:/Windows/sysnative/
Your command has been created. If you want you can add more commands to your configuration.
Click on Save Changes to save your configuration.
Drag & Drop your configuration to the target host and Save Changes.
When everything is configured you can see your logs in historical search